Friday, June 29, 2012

Secrets, secrets are no fun….

And I was never a part of one! 
Summer brings back so many fond memories of tropical vacations….not mine of course, but my other half’s constant solo trips.  The other day as I sifted through old memories, I found a bracelet from one of his first trips without me.  A sweet little reminder of the time he went away to enjoy a lovely week in the islands with his friends…only his friends never made it.  Turns out, the friend he was meeting was already there.  In fact, he stayed at her house, instead of the hotel I was misled to believe he booked.  It didn’t even occur to him to tell me where he was staying.  Well, in hindsight, I believe it did occur to him, but he purposely left out that small detail.  If you have something to hide, odds are you probably know you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.  He didn’t bother to tell me he would be staying at HER house, while vacationing alone on a tropical island.  Why would he? He’s a man, and didn’t need my permission.  WRONG!  If any man ever tells you that, he’s manipulating you.  You have every right to know and ask, and you have every right to be angry if you’re not comfortable with it.  Don’t ever let any man tell you that your feelings are wrong, or manipulate you into believing you’re jealous and controlling if you think it’s wrong that he’s vacationing “alone” and staying with a “girl friend.”  It’s not about asking for permission, it’s about having respect for your partner, and NEVER let him convince you otherwise.  Remember, if he didn’t think there was anything wrong with it, he wouldn’t have waited until he landed to tell you where he was actually staying.  You don’t want to find out that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment