Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Earthquake

Continuing with the trend of bad omens.....



The picture above references the MD/VA earthquake that occurred on August 23, 2011 at 1:51pm, otherwise known as right in the middle of work bridal shower. 

Though it was a seemingly harmless little earthquake, its meaning was quite impactful.  If you're from the U.S. East Coast you know how rare these events are in our part of the country.  If you're from the West Coast, please continue laughing. 

Earthquakes literally NEVER happen in our region, and I emphasize the word NEVER.  But, it did happen on this day.  Why?  Scientists have their complex explanations, and I have mine.  It's pretty darn simple - it was my bridal shower, that's why.  The universe was trying to tell me not to do it!  The earth physically moved, as if to say, "Don't do it!!"  Did I listen?  No!  Apparently, I'm that dense; not even the earth shifting could stop me, though I do remember looking at everyone in my department and saying, "Well, if this isn't a sign I don't know what is."  Just to confirm -- I was right! 

So, the lesson to learn here is -- if the earth literally shakes at the thought of you getting married, maybe you should reconsider (unless you're from the west coast, then keep on walking up that aisle)!  

P.S. I know I said I don't believe in signs, but this is an exception to the rule :)

No comments:

Post a Comment